Who should join NAAN?
- Organisations operating appropriate adult schemes (full membership)
- Any other organisation or individual with an interest (associate membership)
- AA schemes
- AA commissioners
- Police and Crime Commissioners
- Police forces
What are the benefits?
- Regular e-updates relevant to AA provision
- Expert support with commissioning and developing effective AA provision
- Free tickets to Professional Development Days (PDDs)
- Access to the national training pack (7 modules) and AA training videos
- Access to the Members' section of the website (including the Research Hub, Development Templates, Budget Calculator and presentations from past PDDs)
- A simple way to demonstrate your commitment to the National Standards
Download a leaflet on the benefits of NAAN membership
What are the fees?
The annual membership fee is £150 for renewing Full and Associate Members. The membership year runs 1st April to 31st of March for all members, so if you are applying as a new member please see the section below to determine your inital payment.
To minimise administrative costs, the membership year runs from 1st April to 31st of March for all members.To ensure organisations joining late in the year are not disadvantaged, a pro-rata rate is available when committing to membership for the following year. This allows new members to benefit from the same average cost of £12.50 per month as existing members. Please specify your preferred fee option on your application form.
|To year end||Pro-rata|
|Joining month||Fee (£)||Next renewal||Fee (£)||Next renewal|
|February 2017||150.00||April 2017||175.00||April 2018|
|March 2017||150.00||April 2017||162.50||April 2018|
|April 2017||150.00||April 2018||-||-|
|May 2017||150.00||April 2018||287.50||April 2019|
|June 2017||150.00||April 2018||275.00||April 2019|
|July 2017||150.00||April 2018||262.50||April 2019|
|August 2017||150.00||April 2018||250.00||April 2019|
|September 2017||150.00||April 2018||237.50||April 2019|
|October 2017||150.00||April 2018||225.00||April 2019|
|November 2017||150.00||April 2018||212.50||April 2019|
|December 2017||150.00||April 2018||200.00||April 2019|
|January 2018||150.00||April 2018||187.50||April 2019|
|February 2018||150.00||April 2018||175.00||April 2019|
|March 2018||150.00||April 2018||162.50||April 2019|
Fees do not become due until your application has been accepted. Our preferred method of payment for membership fees is by BACS / bank transfer. We can also accept cheques. We regret we are unable to accept credit or debit card payments.
Which membership type?
Open to organisations in England and Wales currently operating appropriate adult services. Includes the right to nominate one representative for election to Board of Trustees and to vote on its behalf at General Meetings.
Open to organisations and individuals in the United Kingdom connected with appropriate adult services, for example: -
- Appropriate adults*
- Local authorities
- Police and Crime Commissioners
- Organisations interested in developing appropriate adult services
- Organisations specialising in specific conditions
- Service user organisations
- Police forces
- Legal practices
- People with an interest in promoting good practice in the role of the appropriate adult
*You are not required to become a member of NAAN in order to be an AA. Your local scheme will provide you with support. See our information on becoming an appropriate adult.
Who decides on applications?
Commitment to Confidentiality
One of the key tools the network has is the networking opportunities offered to its members through conferences, network meetings and other events. For networking to be effective, members need to be able to share thoughts, concerns, issues and suggestions in an environment of mutual respect and trust. At times, sensitive information about scheme operations or finances may be discussed.
By applying for membership, your organisation:
- agrees to treat all such sensitive information in confidence
- agrees not to repeat confidential information about other schemes outside the network
- agrees not to make use of such information directly in the event of seeking a contract in competition with other NAAN members
NAAN recognises that members may legitimately compete for contracts with other members. By applying for membership, your organisation:
- agrees not to make misleading claims about their own service in this process
- agrees not to undermine, directly or indirectly, the method of work or professionalism of other members.
Commitment to Equality & Diversity
NAAN is committed to equal opportunities and recognises the value of diversity in the delivery of services. By applying for membership, your organisation:
- agrees to make every effort to manage their projects in accordance with Equal Opportunity principles
- confirms their commitment to encouraging and enabling diversity.