There to Help (2015)
The resulting report There to Help (2015) found that in the year 2013/14:
- Adults who are mentally vulnerable were significantly under-identified in police custody
- There was a substantial lack of provision of appropriate adult provision for mentally vulnerable adults in many parts of England and Wales.
The report made 10 recommendations.
There to Help 2 (2019)
In May 2019 NAAN published a further report, this time based on the year 2017/18. It found that since the original There to Help report :
- Police identification of vulnerable suspects had improved but remained much lower than the actual rate of prevalence
- Many adult suspects who were recorded as vulnerable by Liaision and Diversion services were not provided with an appropriate adult
- The availability of appropriate adult schemes had improved but significant gaps remained.
The report made 14 recommendations.
There to Help 3 (2020)
Coming September 2020