If you are responsible for leading or commissioning an AA scheme, accredited qualifications are an opportunity to:
- demonstrate quality to stakeholders, including the community and funders
- have independent assurance that indiviudals have achieved the knowledge required to practice effectively
- offer your AAs an opportunity for self-development, official recognition and enhancement of status.
We work in partnership with an awarding body and local AA schemes to offer three specialist, accredited qualifications for appropriate adults.
You can see them here on the Ofqual register of qualifcations.
What do learners say?
- “It challenged me to think about the role I play as an AA in the station and how this corresponds to the PACE codes”
- “Most questions were straightforward, but I realise I should have had a greater knowledge of PACE and legislation. [It] reinforced the need to ensure deeper understanding and knowledge”
- “It was helpful going through the training pack in more detail – particularly reminding me of certain aspects regarding being an AA that I had not reviewed for a while”
- “I enjoyed doing this as it allowed me to source information beyond just NAAN and PACE to support my answers”
- “It was informative and interesting, specifically focusing on understanding the role of the AA…I have been an AA for 18 months and it was good to reflect on my own practice”
- “I also enjoyed the opportunity to think about factors that affect young people and are not only about the role of an AA”
- “Communicating on an equal level with a juvenile can be quite challenging at times, and I found this particularly helpful when revisiting different communication strategies”
Not a member organisation?
- If you already an AA, please tell your scheme leader your are interested and ask them to contact us
- If you are not yet an AA, you'll need to join an AA scheme in order to access the qualifications via NAAN
- If you are an organisation that is not a NAAN member, you can find out more about applying for membership
Download an information pack to find out more about the benefits, costs and process, by clicking the button below.